Learn German A1 | Ordering and Buying Food Important Phrases

One of the key topics you need to learn to pass the German A1 exam is food. This means you have to know how to order and buy food. This could be in a shop or a restaurant setting. Practice and memorize the phrases below.

Ordering in a Restaurant 


Kann ich bestellen?

Can I order?


Entschuldigung, kann ich bestellen? 

Excuse me, can I order? 


Gerne!

My pleasure! / Of course!


Ich hätte gern/gerne…

I would like…


Ich hätte gern einen Kaffee.

I would like a coffee.


Ich hätte gern eine Apfelschorle.

I would like an apple spritzer. 


Ich hätte gerne ein Glas Wasser.

I would like a glass of water.


Ich hätte gern eine Tasse Tea.

I would like a cup of tea.


Ich hätte gern Wasser, bitte. 

I would like water please.



Buying Food 


Wie viel kostet das?

How much does that cost?


das da/ das hier

That there/ this hier


Wie viel kostet das da?

How much is that there? (Point at the item)


Das kostet fünf Euro.

That costs five euros.


Meine Mama kauft frisches Gemüse auf dem Markt.

My mom buys/is buying fresh vegetables at the market.


Der Obst- und Gemüseladen ist neben der Post.

The greengrocer's is next to the post office.


Ich möchte Rindfleisch in der Fleischerei kaufen.

I want to buy beef at the butcher's.


Montags kaufen wir frischen Fisch im Fischgeschäft.

On Mondays, we buy fresh fish at the fishmonger's.


Die Bäckerei an der Ecke hat Brot und Brötchen.

The bakery at the corner has bread and bread rolls.



To go back to the lessons list, click here.









0 Comments

Search This Blog